Sales and Marketing Assistant
Varied exciting role with decision making potential containing elements of Lead Management, Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Relationship building and Customer Service and Office Admin.
Make a role for yourself and build responsibility.
Office Based Monday - Friday, 8.45am-5.15pm.
- Car park, Easy Parking
- Eligible for Long term Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Profit Share options via Perk Pack
- Flexible Packages
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Assistant
Salary: £18,000 to £22,000
This is an exciting and evolving role working closely with the Managing Director to develop and enhance the Sales and Marketing functions by the business. The role will be interesting and varied, including Sales, Marketing, Account Management, Sales Proposal development, Customer and Office Administration and Customer Service (not technical / technical support).
The role is mostly office based, but there will be some customer facing meetings and liaison also, as well as a significant presence helping answer phones and present great customer service, with Account Management aspects, developing Customer Relationships.
There is the potential for you to grow into and expand the role, responsibilities and autonomy as you expand and develop. Depending on the success you generate, your individual skills and business growth, there is good potential progression towards managing others as a potential option.
You will ideally have relevant experience to be considered for this role, or something special where you don't have relevant experience. Previous sales support, business administration and ideally experience within junior sales, account management and marketing or a relevant qualification would be ideal. You will be an enthusiastic, friendly, approachable person, who cares passionately about providing great customer service. You'll be analytical, understand numbers and pricing, with the ability to understand customers needs and have a good eye for detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established and thriving business with over 35 years of success in the IT industry. The business is aiming to continue it's growth and is looking for people to help the business progress. This role is a perfect opportunity for somebody who enjoys variety within their workload and is confident in supporting, working and liaising with various functions with a busy business.
We are looking for bright, switched on candidates with good business, sales and/or marketing acumen that wish to be part of a company that can offer them a long-term career.
- Managing initial response to leads, sending marketing material, following up enquiries after initial responses, appointment setting, coordinating / managing the initial sales cycle.
- Managing and processing new prospect enquiries, customer enquiries and progressing orders and jobs.
- Compile new quotes, proposals, product information forms and sales materials and data.
- Assist and contribute to the Managing Director and others involved in sales and marketing team with general duties of administration, sales, account management and proposal preparation.
- Junior Account Management relationship building, with a focus on great customer service with an eye for seeing potential opportunities to increase sales.
- Support sales presentations by assembling quotations, proposals, slide shows, demonstrations, and product capability booklets; data illustrations and business cases.
- Assist in preparation of printed material, writing copy, proofreading, newsletters, topical social media content.
- Maintain and organise office files while updating contact and mailing lists.
- Follow current competition activity, while staying abreast of latest developments in relevant IT Services areas (at a non technical level) including tracking competitors and pricing closely.
- Supporting and working with other functions, such as operations, technical teams and finance, helping to contribute to great customer service, account management and account retention/growth.
- Progress towards reviewing and managing monitoring budget, amount spent, and response received and where Marketing spend is best allocated.
- Senior Student/Graduate of Business Administration, Marketing, General Business, or relevant direct experience.
- Personable, presentable, and articulate.
- Proposal and Quotation experience (Sales order processing a bonus)
- Effective project management skills, liaising with technical resource teams, to meet customer needs and ensure each customer is happy.
- Sound understanding of Sales and Marketing principles, pricing and customer service.
- Good copy writing skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas. Whilst we are a Technical IT Services and Apps Company, we talk to our customers in clear English.
- High computer literacy, professional written and verbal communication. Great phone manner and need to be comfortable taking, making, managing and dealing with calls regularly.
- Strong administration and organisational skills, including diary management and job scheduling and planning when liaising with other teams.
- Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality, along with data privacy and data protection.
- Proven attention to detail
If this role is certainly ticking all the right boxes for you, please apply NOW!!
How to apply: Send your CV and a covering letter to people[at]basic.co.uk
Recruitment is carried out only from our UK Head office.
We do not use 3rd party agents or agencies and we are not interested in being contacted in a speculative manner by recruitment agencies.