A new fix pack for IBM Notes and Domino 8.5.3 was released earlier this month which patches various bugs and fixes some known issues.
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 5 addresses defects in both the Client and Server.
Fix Packs are always cumulative and contain all of the fixes from previous ones. This means that you can jump straight to this release even if you haven’t installed Fix Pack 1 for 8.5.3.
NOTE: The installer for Domino Interim Fixes (hotfixes) built 9 July 2012 or later requires a Perl 5.6.0 or later distribution on Unix & Linux platforms. For details, see technote 1600910.
If the latest fix pack doesn't help you get in touch and we can help
If you need any help with downloading the new Fix Pack or any upgrade and installation issues please get in touch and we'd be happy to help.
What was fixed?
There were numerous fixes for both the Client and Server as described below:
- Installs missing Windows runtime library
- Updated Time Zone information in ICU4J
- Fixes Notes Client Crashes On Startup After Upgrading To Adobe Pdf Maker 10.1.4.38
- Fixes issues were when sending a mail the Notes client may crash under some addressing conditions
- Fixed an intermittent Notes client crash when updating with a calendar notification
- Fixed an issue that the hover icon would not appear
- Fixed an intermittent Notes Client hang issue
- Prevents Domino Administrator from crashing when checking database properties on a remote server connected via slow WAN connection
- Prevent a Server crash associated with passing an invalid database list
- Fixed a Windows Domino 64-bit Server Lotusscript OLE crash
- Prevent Server POP3 crash due to high handle usage
- Fixes Domino crash on 64 bit platforms
- Fixes a problem where parentheses "()" where being stripped out of user names when addressing a mail
- Fixed problem with accepting valid Notes ID passwords containing special characters
- Fixed problem preventing iNotes User with ID stored in Mail file from from being renamed in ID Vault
- Fixes the error "A Problem has occurred which may have caused the current operation to fail." that occurs when pressing the Enter Key after changing mail format
For a full list see the IBM website.
If you need any help with downloading the new Fix Pack or any upgrade and installation help please get in touch.