A new fix pack for Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3 was released last week which patches various bugs and fixes some known issues.
Notes/Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 2 addresses defects in both the Client and Server.
As each fix pack is cumulative you do not need to have previously applied any earlier fix packs. This means that you can jump straight to this release even if you haven’t installed Fix Pack 1 for 8.5.3.
What was fixed?
There were fixes for both the Client and Server as described below:
- Fixed a Notes client crash that could occur closing a database
- Fixes potential hang on launch of an attachment
- Fixed a problem where the view pane shrunk after multiple opens. This regression was introduced in 8.5.2.
- Notes client crash trying to delete message after error "ILLEGAL DELETE"
- Fixes Notes client hang in print dialog
- Fixed an issue which occurred when sending a confirmation of an Event Announcement to a group that contains duplicate subgroups. The message would not be sent after receiving the following error: "An error occurred while saving: Document has invalid structure".
- Fixes Notes crash with Unknown Error in process Unknown and function ListMergeList.
- Fixes issue where the navigator pane is opening very small when the "Auto adjust panes at runtime" flag on the navigator properties is set.
- Fixes issue where synching contacts does not fail over to any other replicas.
- Fixes issue where Notes client interactions are being terminated as the result of a roaming upgrade check on the UI thread
- Fixes issue where contact synchronization can delete mails from different databases having different replica IDs.
- Fixes issue using XenApp Active Directory and setting Time Zone Redirection via Group Policy Object editor whereby the Lotus Notes calendar shows incorrect start and end times.
- Fixed an Domino server HTTP crash on an iNotes request.
- Fixes issue where return receipt does not include the return receipt body when disclaimers are enabled.
- Fixes a Domino server crash with error:: Process C:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe (3224/0xC98) has terminated abnormally
- Fixed a Domino server crash in OSUnlockSem trying to release memory for Sem which was indirectly deleted by another thread
- Fixes a Domino server crash on CollectSuperBlock.
- Fixes Domino server CPU spike to 100% and shutdown hang when Platform Statistics are enabled.
- Fixes issue where CKEditor in XPages does not work correctly if there are two rich text editors on the page
- Fixes Domino server crash in Adminp task when registering people
- Fixes Domino server with Traveler crash on HTML conversion
- Fixes Domino server crash in senddiag with Unknown Error
iNotes Web Access
If you need any help with downloading the new Fix Pack or any upgrade and installation help please get in touch and we'd be happy to help.