Veeam Backup and Replication 7.0 R2 update
The recent patch released for Veeam Backup & Replication contains numerous fixes and new features.
Here we give a very brief list of the features which have been introduced and issues which have been fixed. There is also a list of known outstanding issues.
Please confirm you are running version 22.214.171.1240 or 126.96.36.1995 prior to installing this patch. You can check this under Help | About in Veeam Backup & Replication console.
After upgrading, your build will be version 188.8.131.524
- vSphere 5.5 support, including support for 62TB virtual disks and virtual hardware v10 virtual machines.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest virtual machines (VMs).
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V and free Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 support, including support for Generation 2 virtual machines.
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1 as guest virtual machines (VMs)
- Support for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
Built-in WAN acceleration
- Increased data processing performance up to 50% with hard drive based cache, and up to 3 times with SSD based cache.
- Added ability for source and target proxy servers to reconnect and resume replication when network connection between source and target site drops for a short period of time.
- Added support for a number of enterprise-class tape libraries.
- Support for a number of IBM and Oracle tape libraries added.
These are the following areas where resolutions to issues have be addressed. A link to a more detailed list is avaliable below.
- Application-aware processing
- Backup Copy
- File level recovery
- Guest file system indexing
- 1-Click VM Restore
- Built-in WAN Acceleration
- Backup from Storage Snapshots
- File Copy
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint
There are still some general issues and more in the following areas.
- vSphere 5.5
- Hyper-V 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Please vists the Veeam knowledge base for the full article.
For more detailed information or to talk to us about how you can save money utilising Veeam Backup & Replication give us a call on 0115 940 5000 or submit an enquiry.